BLEPHAROPLASTY | EYELID SURGERY nyc
Blepharoplasty NYC, also know as eyelid surgery, treats the tissues around the eyes to turn back the clock on aging. As our faces age, specific changes occur around the eyes that give an aged and worn down look. Over the eyes, the tissues start to stretch and hang over the eye itself. Under the eyes, the tissues begin to sag, stretch, bags and grooves appear. Eyelid surgery, of the upper and lower eyelids, reverses some of these changes, giving back the youthful and rested appearance.
Our Eyelid Surgery NYC procedure improves the appearance of the upper eyelids, lower eyelids or both. Eyelids are one of the first areas where aging can show and cosmetic eyelid surgery can provide a more youthful appearance.The purpose of eyelid surgery is to give patients a rejuvenated appearance to the surrounding area of your eyes, making you look more rested and alert. Dr. Kalsow is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in NYC one of New York City’s up and coming cosmetics specialists, which is why many patients have chosen Dr. Kalsow as their blepharoplasty surgeon to correct drooping upper eye lifts and puffiness under their eyes (eye bags). Dr. Kalsow accepts blepharoplasty patients from Manhattan and all across New York City.
Recovery from a Blepharoplasty
- Immediately: Ice and a wet towel will be placed on your eye area in the recovery room. There will be some swelling and bruising. You will be able to go home the same day.
- 1 week: Usually swelling is a little worse on day # 2, but then on day 3 you are over the hump and swelling improves from then on. You will need to stay home for about a week. You will come back in a week to remove the stitches if you have stitches.
- 2 weeks: At this time people can go out in public, although some bruising and swelling remains it can be covered up. You can return to your daily activities.
- 1 month: Results can be clearly seen, and almost all the swelling is gone.
- 6month-1 year: Continual improvement and healing of the scars.
BENEFITS TO BLEPHAROPLASTY (EYELID) SURGERY
Blepharoplasty will allow for mild improvement of the fine wrinkles surrounding the eye. However, these wrinkles are best addressed with resurfacing techniques such as laser or chemical peel and Botox® ,with many of our patients commenting on how (1) it turns back the clock on facial aging, (2) provides a well rested appearance, and for some (3) improved vision if the overhanging skin obstructs the eye.