Liposuction Before & After
Liposuction | Lipo360 / BBL
Liposuction is a fast and effective medical procedure that removes stubborn fat deposits from targeted areas of your body where diets and exercise have not been effective. In summary, liposuction involves sucking the fat out of your body through small incisions in your skin. A cannula with small holes is passed back and forth many times through the area which contains the fat, and a vacuum sucks that fat out, and that area becomes smaller. If you have stubborn fat deposits, then our Liposuction NYC practice in New York City office can help you by removing that fat – fast and effectively.
Tumescent liposuction is currently the standard technique. All surgeons who perform liposuction these days use the tumescent technique. There are different machines, and additional devices such as a laser, which are used. But the most important factor for your result is the ability of your surgeon to remove the fat, you being a good candidate for the procedure, and you have realistic expectations. Everything else is secondary.
WHAT IS LIPOSUCTION (LIPO) 360?
It is a new term that means removing the fat full circle from your body. Your waist is 360 degrees around, and to make the thinnest waist possible, fat from the front, sides (love handles) and back, need to be removed. If you just get liposuction of your stomach, your stomach will be flatter, but your waist not as thin as it could be after circumferential liposuction.
WHY CONSIDER LIPOSUCTION?
Have you been working out tirelessly and following healthy eating? Have you struggled with “love-handles” that just won’t go away with exercise? Or, are you looking to kick-start your slimmer, leaner body ahead of beginning your weight-loss program, regular exercise, and an overall healthy lifestyle? If you answered “yes” to any of these, Dr. Kalsow can help you remove those stubborn and troublesome fat pockets with his LIPO360 NYC and Liposuction New York City procedures. Investing in liposuction could play a vital role in you achieving your ideal physical appearance.
IDEAL LIPOSUCTION CANDIDATES
- Someone that has not recently had a huge amount (more than 100 pounds) of weight loss or a lot of extra skin and is considered in good health.
- Who is looking to remove fat from trouble spots that show little to no response from exercise and diets alone?
- Should be within 35% of your ideal weight before Dr. Kalsow performs the liposuction treatment. If you’re not sure, still complete the eConsult form to get Dr. Kalsow’s recommendation.
- Dr. Kalsow recommends that you consider a complete wellness plan to prevent any fat from returning and ensure you achieve and maintain your aesthetic goals of a slimmer, leaner body.
NYC LIPOSUCTION GENERAL PROCEDURE OVERVIEW
Although there are different iterations or variations of liposuction that Dr. Kalsow can use, there are common approaches across each liposuction procedure. Most liposuction procedures will follow this approach:
- Dr. Kalsow will go over the plan with you in terms of where you would like the fat to be removed and possibly where to transfer the fat. He will then mark up your body for the aforementioned.
- Most patients in Dr.Kalsow’s practice choose local anesthesia. You will receive Xanax and some pain medications half an hour before your procedure. You will be awake, and you will see and hear everything, but you will not feel any sharp pain. You will feel pushing and pulling. Numbing is the worst part, it lasts about 20 minutes. You will be asked to turn and position yourself the proper way to get the most fat out of your body. If you’re scared of needles, and would rather be sedated during the process, Dr. Kalsow will have an Anesthesiologist administer twilight anesthesia through an intravenous (IV). Twilight anesthesia is an anesthetic technique where a mild dose of general anesthesia is applied to induce anxiolysis (anxiety relief), hypnosis, and anterograde amnesia (inability to form new memories). You will not be unconscious but sedated but you will not remember anything about the procedure itself.
- Small incisions are made at the site of where the liposuction treatment is intended to fill your fat with fluid which relaxes the fat and makes it numb.
- A thin hollow tube known as a cannula will be inserted through the incisions and act as a suction device. The is passed back and forth many times through the area which contains the fat, and a vacuum sucks that fat out, and that area becomes smaller.
- If you’re getting a Fat Transfer BBL or Lipo360 with BBL, Dr. Kalsow will inject fat back into the appropriate parts of your buttock. If there is no fat transfer as part of your procedure, the fat will be disposed of appropriately.
WHAT liposuction Machine Does dr. kalsow use?
Dr. Kalsow leverages the latest technology by using the PAL – Power Assisted Liposuction machine by Microaire. In his hands this machine takes away the most fat, in the smoothest manner. Dr.Kalsow has performed hundreds of liposuction procedures with this device.
It uses a reciprocating motion (ranter than rotating) to better facilitate the movement of the cannula.
This reduces the amount of manual force and physical effort required to perform the liposuction procedure by the surgeon.
Some say it reduces your bruising and swelling. It might allow for a faster procedure and quicker recovery time.
Your Liposuction Options
By removing fat from certain areas, liposuction creates curves and thins the body. The fat can be transferred into another area of the body, such as buttocks, to further improve the silhouette.